Australian firefighters have just released a set of photos taken with animals for their 2021 charity calendar. Its aim is to help the wildlife injured in the recent fires and has raised over $3.2 million for various charities till present.
The Australian Firefighters Calendar was found in 1993. It initially supported the Children’s Hospital Foundation by providing funds for research into childhood burns. It’s turning to year 28 and the popular ‘Animal Lovers’ Calendar this year will be more meaningful than ever. It treats injured wildlife from the recent fires.
“2019 and early 2020 was a particularly devastating time, and the world grieved with Australia as we suffered through catastrophic bushfires, and an estimated loss of 1 billion animals from our diverse native wildlife,” The Australian Firefighters Calendar team explained to Bored Panda in a statement. “While the fires may have gone, the destroyed bushland has made it impossible for many of the displaced wildlife to return to their natural habitat.”
The firefighters pose with animals from a few local refuge charities, and the wildlife hospital and sanctuary. These animals are dogs, puppies, kittens, cats, ducklings, alpacas, goats, and lams. The photos come out impressive. Scroll down to enjoy!
1. They have matching eyes!
2. Love the colouring of the dog, especially the eye area.
3. The firefighter may be the ‘king’ but that pusscat is the Queen of this picture!
4. Gorgeous fluffer! dude not bad looking either
5. Kangaroo: “Draw me like one of your French girls.”
6. Excellent shot, the pup is content, handsome guy !!!
7. Adorable little goat!
8. He’s a chick magnet.
9. That puppy is so cute!
10. Such sweet faces!
11. Oh my! I must rub that belly!!!
12. He has a fine looking wiener!
13. Snow flake kitty !!!
14. A handsome pair!
15. Koalas are special. I hope they recover well and in abundance.
16. Ooh I’ve never seen a horse with blue eyes before!
17. I want this pretty cat!