Everybody yawns once in a while, but did you ever wonder why you yawn? Of course when you are sleepy, and maybe when you first wake up. Yawns improve blood flow in the brain and boost alertness, or signal when it is time to rest. And just like people, when animals get tired, many of them yawn. Fish yawn in response to aggressive behavior of other fish while monkeys yawn when they feel anxiety and tired.
In this article, we’ve compiled 20 pictures of yawning animals who are ready to fall fast asleep. From big tigers to tiny hedgehogs, these photos of animals yawning might just be the cutest things you see all day. We bet these pictures will make you wish you could curl up with them right now for a nap
1. “Stop talking about the dentist. You are so boring that I want to yawn.”
2. There is no bigger temptation in the world than to put a finger in the mouth of a yawning cat.
3. “Couldn’t care less” is the best attitude to save your nerves.
4. “Nice story, honey…”
5. “Speak. I always yawn when I’m interested.”
6. Ohhh…that was a nice one.
7. Meetings with friends
8. “Just hold on…”
9. Your head is getting heavier…
10. “Did you take a picture of me while I was yawning?”
11. “Guys, just repeat after me.”
12. “I am not fleeping. I am just fuper tired of you!”
13. Who is next to yawn?
14. No stress
15. “Working is illegal in our zoo. I eat and I sleep.”
16. “Good night, buddies.”
17. Keep calm and yawn.
18. “I’m not yawning, I’m screaming that I need to leave my bed!”
19. A silent scream for coffee
20. Yaaaawwwn…was it sweet?
Have you yawned yet while reading this post? Do you yawn because of being bored or being tired? Please share with us your thoughts in comments below!